2.14.2011

Modernized Myth #2: Branwen the Blessed

Here's the second of the 5 myths I've been modernizing. This isn't exactly modern...but whatever. I had a lot of fun doing it. It's a version of the myth from the Second Branch of the Welsh Mabinogion. Read about it here: Branwen in the Mabinogion.

I'd really like to make Branwen more weary and tired looking. Also, I need to make the note look less like a joint, and I need to move it so it's not clashing with the edge of the painting. I also need to work on the city in the background. Make it look more industrial and "steam punk." I just don't have time yet. :)



2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sad story! Stupid Efnisien. Who just goes around throwing people in fires and causing wars?

I like the picture though.

Hannah said...

I know, seriously! There was no reason given as to why he killed a bunch of people and then threw his sister's child into a fire.