1.26.2011

Character Design: Dorothy, Scarecrow, and another guy.

For my Character Design class we are making our own versions of some of the characters from The Wizard of Oz (which I don't think I've ever seen all the way through). Here are mine, and another character that we were assigned to design based on a short description.

I feel like the scarecrow's hand is in an awkward place though...



Captain Bill Wheedles is an ex-sailor with a wooden leg from the knee down. His head is almost bald and what little hair he has is grizzled. His eyes are pale blue with a gentle look to them, and his face is round, rugged, and bronzed. 

I drew him filling up a kiddy pool for his grandkids. While smoking.


3 comments:

Camilla said...

I like Cpt Wheedles. He's my friend.

Hannah said...

You should marry him.

Oh wait. You're already married. Maybe Josh will look like him someday?

Jessica Day said...

Captian Wheedles is Jordan in 20-30 years.